Visit Gibson Island!
We welcome yacht squadrons and boaters to Gibson Island! Experience our quiet, well-protected harbor and indoor facilities at our Boathouse boasting exquisite views of the Chesapeake Bay.
Our Yacht Squadron staff will greet you with eagerness and a smile; and they are familiar with all types and sizes of vessels, sail and power.
The Boathouse is the social hub of the Gibson Island Yacht Squadron ("GIYS"). Located on the Causeway connecting Gibson Island to the mainland, our Boathouse includes a quiet sitting room with fireplace, showers and changing facilities for ladies and gentlemen, grills ready for cooking, ice and water, and loads of fun people. The building and harbor are wireless “hot spots”.
Moorings are available in the Harbor and berthage with power and water is available at the Boathouse docks. Hail “Gibson Island Harbormaster Office” on VHF channel 78A as you approach to communicate with our Harbormaster, who will advise you of rates, assist you with berthing arrangements and help make your stay most pleasant.
- Yacht Clubs with Reciprocity with GIYS
- Annapolis Yacht Club, Annapolis, MD — dining and dockage only
- Chester River Yacht & Country Club, Chestertown, MD - all services included
- Corinthian Yacht Club, Essington, PA — dining and dockage only
- Eastport Yacht Club, Annapolis, MD - dining and dockage only
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club, Deltaville, VA — dining and dockage only
- Hampton Yacht Club, Hampton, VA — dining and dockage only
- Indian Creek Yacht & Country Club, Kilmarnock, VA — all services included, boat arrivals only
- Miles River Yacht Club, St. Michaels, MD - dining and dockage only
- Tred Avon Yacht Club, Oxford, MD — dining and dockage only
- Union League of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA - dining, dockage, overnight*
Yacht owners wishing to visit Gibson Island under reciprocity arrangements should first contact their home club personnel for details of the arrangement their particular club enjoys with Gibson Island. Prior to arrival, please call the Gibson Island Harbormaster's Office at 410-255-7632 ext. 1 or radio in on VHF 78A.
Gibson Island Yacht Squadron members who plan to voyage to the above clubs and wish to enjoy reciprocal arrangements there should contact the Harbormaster to confirm details in place at the time of your visit.
*overnight applies only to GIYS and GIC members who wish to stay overnight at the Union League's facility in Philadelphia.